Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant
Our Infant & Early Childhood team is seeking a Mental Health Consultant (IECMHC) to work in a collaborative project serving Albina Head Start children and their families. This position works 30 hours per week 10 months out of the year.
The IECMHC provides a broad range of mental health prevention services including infant/early childhood consultation, staff and parent training, and other mental health prevention and referral services to identified children and their families.
The position involves the implementation of evidenced based practice models, including Early Childhood Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (EC-PBIS).
This position works out of our of Portland, Oregon location.
Program:Early Childhood Consultation
Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field, required
- 2 years direct experience in a mental health setting providing prevention services and /or mental health therapy to children and their families
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children birth to 5 years old
- Familiarity with Diagnostic Classifications of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood (DC 0-3), as well as DSM diagnostic categories
- Meets QMHP requirement under State of Oregon Office of Mental Health and Addiction Service’s Administrative rules.
• Licensure preferred but not required.
• Positive Behavior Supports (PBIS) training preferred, if not then commitment to become trained within 3 months.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
Starting Pay Range:
Infant Early CH Mental Health Consultant $20.15 – $21.45
Bilingual Infant Early CH Mental Health Consultant $21.96 – $23.38
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
•To apply now, click here: APPLY!
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “IECMHC-442 in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant position
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com