Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
About the Program
Our Breakthrough Day Treatment program was created to meet the needs of adolescents who struggle with trauma and drug and/or alcohol abuse. Our staff help guide youth make the transition to a successful, sober lifestyle. We plan structured schedules, provide therapeutic foster care, parent training, and opportunities to learn and practice pro-social interactions.
Looking for a Mental Health Therapist to join an alcohol and drug day treatment program working with adjudicated adolescent boys. The therapist position is responsible for maintaining a co-occurring disorder client caseload and providing family therapy per program policies and guidelines while utilizing best practices in alcohol and drug treatment and mental health services.
Primary duties and Responsibilities for the position:
• Provides mental health and substance abuse treatment to adolescents including assessment, treatment planning, and individual, group and family therapy
• Maintains the clinical record for each client and ensures documentation meets all compliance standards
• Serves as liaison to psychiatric service providers
• Monitor clients and families who may have emotional and/or behavioral challenges; addressing, redirecting and/or problem solving with upset, angry, delayed, severely traumatized, emotionally and/or behaviorally challenged clients and families
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Knowledge of child and adolescent development, family systems, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency and related interventions.
CADC preferred. Don’t have one? Our program will help with the process. We provide supervision needed to meet the requirement and provide reimbursement for classes, and exam.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in social services or related filed required
• 2 years of experience working with at-risk youth
• Must be eligible for CADC candidacy and obtain CADC within 2 years of hire
• Intermediate computer skills using word processing, databases, electronic medical records and email
• Individual, group and family therapy skills required
• 2 years alcohol and drug treatment experience is preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and provide services in a culturally competent manner
• Pass a DHS criminal background check
• Meet agency driving requirements
• May involve irregular work hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
• May be required to present when client urinalysis samples are collected in the presence, client and staff will be of the same gender
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $19.26 – $20.53
Bilingual (Spanish) MHT: $21.10 – $22.38
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference the job code: “MHT – 673” and indicate that you are applying to Mental Health Therapist position subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org