Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Morrison Child & Family Services is seeking a Community-Based Mental Health Therapist (MHT) who is passionate about working with youth, adolescents, and their families. This position provides intensive specialized mental health services for children, adolescents, and their families in need of stabilization and diversion away from psychiatric hospitalization and residential placement. The Community-Based MHT provides in-home and community-based comprehensive and individualized services
Community-Based Mental Health Therapists provide individual and family therapy in a community setting, as well as crisis response and safety planning. They complete mental health assessments, and risk screenings and maintain the clinical record for each client and ensuring the clinical record meets all compliance standards.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field required
• Two years of direct treatment experience in a mental health setting
• Experience working with high acuity clients
• Meets QMHP requirements under State of Oregon Administrative Rules required
• Current Oregon Licensed mental health professional or a current professional mental health license in another state preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal history check
• Personal transportation allowing for frequent, regular travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner is required. A copy of a valid driver’s license for state of residency, proof of personal auto liability coverage must be provided, and a driving record meeting corporate driving requirements
• Bilingual in Spanish or American Sign Language preferred
• Specialization in early childhood preferred
Starting Pay Range:
Community Based Mental Health Therapist: $21.68-$25.75
Bilingual (Spanish) Community Based Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual): $23.43-$27.82
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Mental Health Therapist – Community Based” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Mental Health Therapist – Community Based
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No phone calls please.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.