Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Morrison Child & Family Services. We are grateful for your desire to give back to the children and families in our community. In addition to learning about our volunteer program, we encourage you to take a moment to learn more about our mission and history, as well as the services we provide through various programs.
Luminosa Morrison Metric Century Bike Event, August 2019:
Morrison needs up to 100 volunteers for our signature fundraising bike ride, Luminosa: Morrison Metric Century 2019! Come help out at this celebratory event at Champoeg State Park, where hundreds gather to support our mission in the great outdoors.
- We are seeking 5 people to help us mark the courses, including rest stops, for our bike event. This will be done the weekend of August 3 and 4. The exact times needed are not set in stone, but will be approximately all day long. Volunteers will be marking the roads and posting event notices, signs. Depending on the course riders choose, we’ll need your help marking routes from Champoeg State Park to Mt. Angel City Hall/Berchtold Park Rest Stop, Lafollette Farms Rest Stop, and St. Paul Rest Stop back to Champoeg State Park.
- For the Day of the Event, August 10, we seek Assistants to stay posted at Rest Stops along the bike routes. Rest Stop Locations: 1. Berchtold Park @ Mt. Angel City Hall, 2. LaFollette Mission Orchards near Willamette Mission Park, 3. St. Paul High School, St. Paul. About 18 people will be needed in total. 2-3 people per rest stop. 2 shifts per rest stop. Volunteer shift #1 will include setting up the space for riders to come through; handing out food and drink; directing to porta potty, as needed. Volunteer shift #2 will include handing out food and drink to riders, and directing them to the porta potty, as needed. Breaking down the space once all riders have passed through.
- For the Day of the Event, August 10, we seek 6 people (3 people per shift) to assist with Parking Control as people arrive and exit the event. Volunteer shift #1 will direct parking into event. Volunteer shift #2 will direct parking out of event.
Visit the registration website for all the details on the event: https://www.bikereg.com/luminosa
-Check back soon for more volunteers jobs for Luminosa.
On-Going: Morrison is always looking for volunteers who can provide a specific talent, skill, or interest they can share with our youth to help enrich their lives and increase their skill set. This could include:
- Working with a group performing something exercise-related (i.e., yoga or dancing.)
- Teaching a group something music-related (i.e., guitar)
- Interacting with a group by practicing art (i.e., painting or crafts.)
If you would like to help at Luminosa or want to share your talents with us as a volunteer, please contact Katie Grimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Volunteers must be 18 years or older. All non-event volunteers must complete a background check before starting their volunteer project.
For information about volunteering at Morrison, please contact us at 503-258-4301 or Development@morrisonkids.org